Monday, August 26, 2019

Media Project - Chopsticks



The "Ah-ha" moment for me with the project came when I decided what I was going to put in the middle of the chopsticks to keep them pulled together on one end.  I already had it in my mind that I was going to create something similar to a pair of "pliers" for this project. I started off with rubber bands and several different objects as a spacer between the chopsticks but I knew it needed some sort of spring in the middle for the tension that would be required for the tasks. The clothes pin also provides enough tension that would help with pincer strength if any deficits were to occur due to his broken arm. 

                                                 

This project taught me that some of the most unexpected things, such as chopsticks, can be such a useful tool for someone in their everyday life. A combination of simple household objects can give a person just the right amount of assistance they need to be independent performing an ADL. Completion of this assignment has helped me use my OT think skills to use an intervention to help a client engage in their daily lives. This can carry over into future practice by making use of what is available in the moment to come up with an intervention for a client that can be temporary or maybe even for long-term use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Interview Reflection

 I feel like my interview went well overall. I was confident going into it but a little bit nervous because I wasn't sure what they were...