Wednesday, November 13, 2019

SIM Lab 11-13-19

Overall, I believe my simulation encounter went really well.  I was very confident going into this SIM.  Even when I stumble over obstacles, I was able to think on my feet very quickly and respond to the situation.  I believe my confidence in this SIM came from how much knowledge I've gained through school so far and the experience of past simulations.  One thing I would do different if I had a do over with this SIM is try to get less hand sanitizer when I first enter the room and try to get more feedback about the child from the parent during the explanation of things to implement during his routine.  I did ask about his interest in different foods and things that he does at school, but I would have liked to know more on her perspective of the child's interests. One example of of how attitude of caring can be communicated to the client is by using active listening techniques and letting them express their concerns and letting them know that they are not alone in the situation.  Another example would be by following through with the things that you speak about with them and then following up at a later date.  An example of this could be attending a school meeting with the parent to advocate for the child if needed.  Taking the feelings of the parent into consideration is something very big that I will incorporate into practice in the future.  You could tell just from the actors that this was a very big deal to them because it was a situation that pertained to someone very important to them and it will be the same way in clinical practice.  Taking their feelings into consideration and being very empathetic is what I will incorporate into my clinical practice as well as future SIM labs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Interview Reflection

 I feel like my interview went well overall. I was confident going into it but a little bit nervous because I wasn't sure what they were...